BSNL is increasing its 4G & 3G coverage area day by day and new mobile sites are being added to their network throughout the country. BSNL offers free data roaming all over India including Delhi & Mumbai.
The following video describes how to setup / configure an android smartphone to access 4G /3G / 2G data services of BSNL.
To access 4G / 3G data through Datacard / Netsetter / USB Dongle, just save the APN as ‘bsnlnet’ & dial number as ‘*99#’ in the Profile Management Option in the USB Dongle’s Settings.
- There is no additional configuration for 2G Data. Customers may use the same configuration for 4G, 3G and 2G.
- We may use the same configuration while in all India Roaming in BSNL/MTNL network also.
- To access BSNL 4G, you may need to change your existing SIM card with 4G enables BSNL SIM.
- Just activate any of the available 3G/2G Prepaid Data Offers or annual data plans or Postpaid Data Offers on your SIM.
How to check the Prepaid data balance / data account expiry date ??
- To check balance data in your prepaid account, just dial *124*2#. Datacard / Netsetter customers may use the USSD option in the datacard menu & dial *124*2# to get the data balace expiry / balance.
- To get the data balance through SMS from the same SIM, just send STVENQ to 123.
How to check the data usage in BSNL Postpaid ??
- To check data usage in postpaid, just send an sms AMT to 5333
|Settings Type||4G / 3G / 2G Data||MMS|
|Access Point Name (APN)||bsnlnet||bsnlmms|
|Phone IP Address||Automatic||Automatic|
|Proxy Server Address||Off||10.210.10.11|
|Proxy Port Number||8080|