Unique Features of BSNL 3G
3G telecommunication networks support services that provide an information transfer rate of at least 200 kbps. Later 3G releases, often denoted 3.5G and 3.75G, also provide mobile broadband access of several Mbps to smartphones and mobile modems in laptop computers.
BSNL is the only operator who provides PAN India 3G coverage with Free Data Roaming. Hence BSNL customers can enjoy their existing 3G/2G Data Packs while they are in National Roaming. BSNL also made 3G roaming agreements with MTNL and it provides 3G services to BSNL customers who are roaming in MTNL servce areas(Delhi & Mumbai)
How to Get BSNL 3G ?
3G in Postpaid : Postpaid customers has to enable data services in their numbers by submitting request in the nearest BSNL Customer Care Centre.
Handset Configuration / Datacard Configuration
APN Settings : To access data through mobile handset/datacard customers has to set APN as ‘bsnlnet‘
Access Number / Dial Number : *99#
To access 3G data through Datacard / Netsetter / USB Dongle, just save the APN as ‘bsnlnet’ & dial number as ‘*99#’ in the Profile Management Option in the USB Dongle’s Settings.
- There is no additional configuration for 2G Data. Customers may use the same configuration for 3G and 2G.
- We may use the same configuration while in all India Roaming in BSNL/MTNL network also.
- There is no need to change your current prepaid mobile plan to 3G, since all BSNL preapaid connections are 3G enabled.
- Just activate any of the available 3G/2G Prepaid Data Offers or annual data plans or Postpaid Data Offers on your SIM.
How to check the Prepaid data balance / data account expiry date ??
- To check last data usage charges, dial *102#
- To check balance data in your prepaid account, just dial *124*4#. Datacard / Netsetter customers may use the USSD option in the datacard menu & dial *124*4# to get the data balace expiry / balance.
- To get the data balance through SMS from the same SIM, just send DATAspace3G to 53733.( Eg: Type- DATA 3G and send it to 53733)
- To get data balance through SMS from any other BSNL SIM, just send DATAspace3GspaceMOBILENUMBER to 53733. (Eg: Type DATA 3G XXXXXXXXXX and send it to 53733 ; where XXXXXXXXXX is the 10 digit Mobile Number attached to the Datacard / Netsetter SIM )
- To check data usage in postpaid, just send an sms AMT to 5333
|Settings Type||3G / 2G Data||MMS|
|Access Point Name (APN)||bsnlnet||bsnlmms|
|Phone IP Address||Automatic||Automatic|
|Proxy Server Address||Off||10.210.10.11|
|Proxy Port Number||8080|