BSNL has changed it’s billing pattern to current month billing of fixed monthly charges for new customers enrolled on or after 1st March 2023.
- BSNL’s billing pattern has changed to all new customers of Landline, FTTH, DSL Broadband & Air Fibre services.
- BSNL bills are normally generated on the next month for the services already availed in previous month.
- As per the revised pattern, customers need to pay the fixed monthly charges in the same month itself.
- Existing customers may also changed to current month billing pattern whenever he/she changes tariff plan.
- BSNL Current month billing is effective across all the telecom circles in India.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has announced a major change in their postpaid billing pattern for both new as well as existing Landline and Broadband customers all over India. As per the latest information, the PSU has introduced current month billing of fixed monthly charges for Landline, DSL Broadband, Bharat Fiber & Air Fiber services. Bills generated from 1st April 2023 are as per the revised current month billing pattern. It is to be noted that, BSNL has not shifted to prepaid billing system instead they are collecting the monthly rental from customers in the same month of service itself.
An Official statement from BSNL regarding the introduction of current month billing of FMC read as follows:-
In this connection, following instructions are also issued by BSNL authorities for the information to new/existing customers, BSNL Franchisees/Partners.
- Current month billing activity has carried out for Landline (Copper voice / FTTH Voice) and Broadband (DSL/FTTH/Air Fibre) services. This current month billing activity is applicable PAN India for all new customers enrolled on or after 01-03-2023 onwards for all Circles.
- In case of any change of tariff plan for existing active connection on or after 01-03-2023, it will be billed with new current month billing logic.
- BSNL Data Centre billing teams has converted all bi-monthly billing to monthly billing in March, 2023. From April, 2023 onwards, there will be no bi-monthly billing customer.
- BSNL’s IT Project Circle team will create new set of monthly plans with prorate + current month feature for all active plans.
- All other monthly chargeable products like modem / ONT on rental basis etc. will also be configured as current month charging.
- Existing active monthly plans were inactivated and new plans (in current month logic) created in system are to be activated for new customers with effect from 01-03-2023.
- Regarding security deposit for new connections from 01-03-2023, following guidelines are issued:
- ISD security deposit will continue as per existing policy.
- Local security deposit for Broadband (DSL / Fibre / Air Fibre) will continue as per existing policy Rs. 500/- or one month Fixed Monthly Charge (FMC), whichever is higher. However, the same will be billed and collected for all customers in 5 installments of Rs. 100/- each (or FMC/5) per month, so that customer’s 1st bill is not too high.
- If any customer changes to a higher plan after the first month, then the additional security deposit as per new plan will be collected as 6th instalment.
- For a plan change / service closure scenario, refund is to be given only for non-OTT plans by Credit Note or in next bill as adjustment. New plan charges will be collected as prorate + current month in the next bill.
BSNL Bill in Current Month Billing Pattern Explained !
Suppose your new BSNL Bharat Fiber (FTTH) connection got activated on 16h of July 2023 in Home WiFi Plan (Monthly Rent of Rs 399/-). BSNL will generate bill on 3rd day of next month i.e., on 3rd August 2023. The bill will contain the following items.
- Rental for services availed from 16-07-2023 to 31-07-2023 [ (Rs 399/31) x 16 Days = Rs 205.9/-]
- Current month fixed monthly charge (For the services from 01-08-2023 to 31-08-2023) [Rs 399/-]
- GST @ 18% of Monthly Charges [ 18% of (205.9 + 399) = Rs 108.9/-]
- 1st Installment of Security Deposit which is non-taxable. [Rs 100/-]
Total Charges with GST on the bill generated on 3rd August 2023 will be Rs 813.8/- [ Rs 205.9 + Rs 399 + Rs 108.9 + Rs 100 ]
Dear readers, please share this latest news among all BSNL Employees, BSNL Franchisees and BSNL Customers in your friend circle. How many of you have already received BSNL bills with current month billing pattern? Whether this new billing system is customer friendly? Do share your valuable feedback with us.