National telecom backbone – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has announced the launch of promotional offers for its prepaid mobile customers in Grace Period 2 (GP2) status. As per the latest information, BSNL authorities has decided to allow incoming SMS facility to all validity expired prepaid mobile customers who are currently in Grace Period 2 status.
BSNL will be allowing incoming SMS facility only to prepaid mobile customers in North Zone and West Zone. At the same time, BSNL has decided to bar incoming SMS facility to all validity expired prepaid mobile customers in East Zone and South Zone. The above promotional schemes / offers are announced by BSNL for a limited period of 60 days from 6th September 2021 across all the telecom circles.
Click Here to See Latest BSNL Prepaid Mobile Plans bundled with True Unlimited Voice Calls to Any network, Unlimited Data and SMS Benefits
An Official statement from BSNL regarding the launch of promotional offers for prepaid mobile customers in Grace Period 2 (GP2) read as follows:-
The competent authority has decided the following under the GSM Prepaid Mobile Services:-
A. North Zone and West Zone INs is allowed to have incoming SMS facility with GP2 customers for 60 days on promotional basis.
B. South Zone and East Zone IN have to bar the incoming SMS facility for the GP2 customers for 60 days on promotional basis and promote/encourage the GP2 customers in VLR to recharge and convert to active customers.
- South Zone/East Zone can temporarily restore the incoming SMS facility of GP2 customer to send the SMS call to GP2 customers in VLR to promote them to recharge.
- But, this incoming facility SMS should not allowed to GP2 customers in VLR for more than 3 days in one go.
- Under no circumstances, the O/G voice/SMS facility of GP2 customers will be allowed. It should always be barred for GP2 customers.
The above promotional offer will be applicable for 60 days with effect from 06-09-2021. The implementation of the tariff is to be made in accordance with 43rd Amendment of Telecom Tariff Order and orders/guidelines/clarifications issued by TRAI from time to time. Validity expired prepaid mobile customers can activate any plan voucher or special tariff voucher as per his / her requirement. BSNL offer validity of 300 days with Recharge 397/- which also offer unlimited calls, data and SMS benefits for the first 60 days after recharge.
North Zone (NZ) includes the following telecom circles:- Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh (W), Uttar Pradesh (E) and Uttaranchal. South Zone (SZ) includes the following telecom circles:- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Karnataka, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh West Zone (WZ) includes the following telecom circles:- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh. East Zone (EZ) includes the following telecom circles:- Andaman & Nicobar, Assam, Bihar, Jharkand, Kolkata, North East I, North East II, Orissa & West Bengal.
Some of the latest BSNL Tariff Updates for Prepaid Mobile Customers are listed below for your quick reference:-
- BSNL launches new unlimited prepaid annual data STV ₹1498 with effect from 23rd August 2021 on PAN India basis
- BSNL revises freebies and validity period of prepaid mobile plans ₹1999 and ₹2399
- BSNL launches Discounted Recharge Vouchers for Validity expired prepaid mobile customers from 1st August 2021
- Here is the reason for not getting porting code (UPC) from BSNL Prepaid Mobile
- BSNL to reduce validity of prepaid mobile Plan Vouchers & Special Tariff Vouchers from 1st August 2021
Dear readers, please share your views and opnions about this latest promotional offers from BSNL via comments with us. How many of you are using BSNL prepaid mobile? Please share your feedback about service quality.