BSNL launched IPTV Services in Kerala Telecom Circle last year in association with M/s Cinesoft as IPTV Service Provider (IPTSP). BSNL IPTV services are now being provided to new as well as existing Bharat Fiber (BSNL FTTH) Broadband customers all over Kerala. BSNL is providing this additional service as a Value Added Service (VAS) to it’s FTTH (Fiber Broadband) customers.
BSNL FTTH customers can register for BSNL IPTV services online through a dedicated portal and the services can be provisioned within a few hours after your online request. BSNL offers various packages for IPTV service with basic pack starts from just Rs 130/-. Customers may also opt Pay per view option as per his / her requirement. Recently BSNL Kerala Telecom circle surpassed a historic landmark of 3 lakh Bharat Fiber (FTTH) connections even during this pandemic period. BSNL FTTH offers ultra fast download and upload speeds and hence FTTH users are more interested to avail streaming and other OTT services.
What is BSNL IPTV Service?
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is the delivery of television content over Internet Protocol (IP) networks. IPTV service is a replacement for the Conventional Cable TV Service. IPTV works with existing FTTH connection of a customer. IPTV offers the ability to stream the source media continuously. IPTV services may be classified into two – 1) live television / live media and 2) video on demand (VOD) which involves browsing and viewing items of a media catalogue. BSNL IPTV services offer 160 Free To Air (FTA) channels and 163 Pay per view channels including HD channels. Customers may select the package as per his requirement. Now let us see what are the differences between IPTV and OTT (Over The Top) services. BSNL already offer Disney+Hotstar Premium subscription with selected Bharat fiber (FTTH) plans which is an OTT service.
Differences between BSNL IPTV & OTT Services/Features
No bandwidth consumption for TV
Data consumed from the FTTH / Broaband Internet Connection
BSNL IPTV service offers 160 FTA (Free To Air) channels & 163 pay per view channels including HD channels
No other OTT offers this many channels and benefits
Replacement for conventional cable TV service
Not a replacement
Stream Ultra HD Live TV Channels without FTTH Data Consumption !
The major advantage of BSNL IPTV service is the absolute Zero or NIL bandwidth utilisation / data consumption for streaming Live TV Channels along with FTTH Broadband Internet. It means, you can watch Ultra HD Live TV Channels and enjoy FTTH internet without any reduction in speed as per your FTTH plan.
BSNL IPTV Service – Features
To avail BSNL IPTV Services, No separate SET TOP BOX is required, if customer has Android TV or Android TV box. IPTV application can be installed in Andriod TV or Android TV Box from Play store like any other OTT apps. If you don’t have an Android TV, you may opt for Android TV Box. Now let us see details of various tariff packs and plans of BSNL IPTV Services and detailed procedure for activation, subscription. and bill payment.
BSNL IPTV Plans & Packages for Bharat Fiber (BSNL FTTH) Customers
|No of Channels||MRP for Customer|
BSNL Revenue Share (%)
IPTSP Revenue Share (Cinesoft) (%)*
BSNL Basic Pack
|160 FTA Channels||Rs 130 + GST|
BSNL Pack 1
|160 FTA Channels + 34 Pay channels||Rs 100 + GST|
BSNL Pack 2
|160 FTA Channels + 56 Pay channels||Rs 200 + GST|
Pay per View
|163 Pay per view Channels||Individual pricing as per TRAI|
BSNL Basic Pack is mandatory. Other packs can be taken as add-on over BSNL Basic Pack. We already know that, BSNL is providing Fiber Broadband (FTTH) connections through Local Cable TV Operators (LCOs), Telecom Infrastructure Providers (TIPs) and Multi System Operators (MSOs) all over India. In the case of FTTH connection, BSNL is direcly giving revenue share to FTTH partners. For IPTV services, revenue share for BSNL FTTH partners will be shared by BSNL IPTV Service Provider (IPTSP) – in Kerala Circle – M/s Cinesoft. LCOs may utilise this opportunity to generate additional revenue and value addition to FTTH service by promoting BSNL IPTV Services among customers.
BSNL IPTV – Free To Air (FTA) Channel List
|Sl No||TV Channel||Language|
|8||ABN ANDHRA JYOTHI||Telugu|
|36||DHOOM MUSIC BANGLA||Bangla|
|56||KALAIGNAR ISAI ARUVI||Tamil|
|63||KASTHURI NEWS 24||Kannada|
|65||DD Lokasabha Tv||Hindi|
|83||Wow Cinema One||Hindi|
|84||NhK World HD||English|
|85||Patrika TV Rajasthan||HIndi|
|98||DD Rajya Sabha TV||Hindi|
|108||Sahara Samay Mp||Hindi|
|119||Tv 5 Monde Asie||French|
|141||AL JAZEERA HD||English|
|158||News World India||Hindi|
|159||France 24 French||French|
BSNL IPTV – BSNL Pack 1 (Rs 100 + GST)
BSNL IPTV – BSNL Pack 2 (Rs 200 + GST)
BSNL IPTV Service Provisioning – Work Flow
How can I get BSNL IPTV Service?
BSNL IPTV Service provisioning steps are given as per the above picture. At present, BSNL Bharat Fiber (FTTH) customers in Kerala Telecom Circle can avail IPTV Services. BSNL FTTH customers can book IPTV service online through link – https://fms.bsnl.in/iptvreg. If your BSNL FTTH connection was provided through BSNL’s FTTH Franchisee / LCO, you can also ask your LCO for IPTV Service activation.
1. IPTV Service Registration by Customer via Online Potal
- Customer can visit https://fms.bsnl.in/iptvreg to register for IPTV service
- Select Kerala as state
- Enter FTTH Telephone number and click validate phone
- OTP will be send to mobile number registered with the FTTH connection
- Select the IPTV Vendor after successful verification of OTP
- Click submit button to complete the registration
- Customer will receive SMS with registration number.
2. How to add BSNL IPTV service to a customer by LCO ?
- LCO can add IPTV service to a customer via his / her FMS Portal (https://fms.bsnl.in)
- Select Add IPTV service in Sales menu in FMS
- Enter STD code and Telephone number and click FETCH DETAILS
- Customer details will be fetched
- Select Franchisee Code and IPTV Vendor
- EDGE HOST IP and VLAN will be displayed here
- If VLAN is configured in customer ONT, submit the order
- The customer will be listed in CMS server for activation
3. IPTV VLAN task by BSNL & IPTV Account Creation task by M/s Cinesoft
After Customer Request, IPTV VLAN Configuration task will be completed by BSNL Staff in FMS Portal. Completed orders will be listed on completed task in FMS. Then, IPTV provisioning orders will be fired to Cinesoft CMS server for IPTV account creation. This process will be completed within minutes. After account creation, customers can avail BSNL IPTV service by selecting the suitable BSNL IPTV package.
4. How to activate BSNL IPTV packages in Cinesoft CMS server by LCO ?
If your BSNL FTTH connection was provided by BSNL’s FTTH Franchisee (LCO/TIP/MSO), then IPTV packages can be activated via your LCO only. IPTV accounts of BSNL FTTH customers need to be activated in CMS server by LCO for FTTH customers working from LCO OLTs.
- LCOs need to visit Cinesoft CMS Server : https://bsnl.cinesoft.live/ChomeAdmin/#/
- Accounts created will be displayed under Subscriber List in CMS server.
- Select “Subscribe” under packages for a customer
- Select Package Type as “Basic” and Package List as “BSNL FTA”
- Select Device count list according to customer requirement. There are two devices possible for a single connection
- Add the selection to Cart by clicking Add to Cart button
- Selected packages will be listed in cart for activation.
- Payment can be made from LMO Wallet
- BSNL FTA will have only Free To Air channels. Pay Channels can be added as Packages offered by BSNL or as Pay per view by above method.
6. How to activate BSNL IPTV packages by customer ?
If your BSNL FTTH connection was given direclty by BSNL, then you can activate BSNL IPTV packages online. BSNL IPTV users working directly from BSNL OLT (Not through LCOs/TIPs/MSOs) can activate packages online.
- Customer can visit https://portal-bsnl.cinesoft.live/payment to activate the packages
- Customer need to enter BSNL FTTH Customer Account number in place of customer ID in this portal. (Customers can refer to their BSNL telephone bill to get Customer Account number).
- Select package as Basic and Package Name BSNL FTA and add to cart.
- Number of devices in which IPTV services required to be selected
- Select package Addon if Packages other than FTA (Free to Air) channels required
- Individual Channels can be also be selected as Pay per view option
- Proceed to payment after adding the channels to cart
- Channels will be activated once the payment is completed
- IPTV customer from LCO OLT will not be able to activate online
Prerequisites for LCOs/TIPs/MSOs to provide BSNL IPTV Services
BSNL’s IPTV Service Provider M/s Cinesoft Pvt. Ltd. will be giving sufficient Revenue Share to LCOs/TIPs/MSOs based on the agreement between them. To launch service, BSNL FTTH partner / FTTH franchisee need to install Cache Server. LCOs will be approved to launch IPTV Service on commitment to purchase Cache server within one month or 25 IPTV Customers whichever is earlier. Two or more LCOs can join together and purchase the Cache server to provide BSNL IPTV services to their customers. If you are an LCO, please contact your Franchisee Manager to activate IPTV service for your BSNL FTTH customers.
Portals related to BSNL IPTV Provision
- Online Registration portal forBSNL FTTH Customers : https://fms.bsnl.in/iptvreg
- FMS for LCOs/MSOs/TIPs : https://fms.bsnl.in
- CMS Server for Package Activation for LCOs/MSOs/TIPs : https://bsnl.cinesoft.live/ChomeAdmin/#/
- Self activation portal for BSNL (direct BSNL FTTH) Customers : https://portal-bsnl.cinesoft.live/payment
Cable TV / DTH Services will be replaced by IPTV Services very soon!
BSNL’s starting FTTH broadband plan (Fiber Experience Plan) offer 30Mbps download speed at just Rs 399/- per month which also comes with 1000GB high speed data usage. However, BSNL 399 FTTH plan is a promotional offer which is exclusive to new FTTH customers for the first 6 months. After 6 months, FTTH customers in 399 plan will be automatically upgraded to the next higher plan which is Fiber Basic Plan at Rs 449. This plan also comes with 30Mbps speed and 3300GB data usage.
Dear readers, please share this useful information among all your friends and relatives using BSNL Bharat Fiber (FTTH) Services. How many of you are currently using BSNL IPTV Services? Please do share your feedback with us.