BSNL today announced the revision in ‘minimum period condition’ of ‘Safe Custody Plans’ for Bharat Fiber (FTTH), Bharat Air Fiber (BAF), DSL Broadband and Landline connections. In fact, BSNL actually removed the minimum period condition in Safe Custody plans which will allow customers to restore their services as per the requirement of subscriber.
As we reported in May 2021, BSNL revised fixed monthly charges for Safe Custody plans where the minimum period of safe custody period was fixed as three months. So safe custody plans are beneficial only to those Customers who do not intend to use their BSNL Broadband / FTTH or Landline telephone connection for a minimum period of 3 months. Customers were also faced difficulties in restoring their services before the minimum period of 3 months. Now based on the feedback received from Customers and from BSNL field units, BSNL authorities has decided to revise the minimum period condition of safe custody plans with immediate effect on PAN India basis.
An Official statement from BSNL regarding the revision in minimum period of safe custody plans read as follows:-
The competent authority has
decided ‘to relax the minimum period of safe custody from 3 months to 1 month. However, subscribers can restore their
connection(s) anytime even within one month by paying monthly charges of safe custody for the full calendar month at the
time of termination of safe custody’.
Accordingly, the charges of restored promotional/regular plan shall be applicable from the date of withdrawal of safe custody.
All other terms and conditions shall remain same. The above instructions shall be applicable with immediate effect i.e., with effect from 28-07-2021 on regular basis in all the circles.
What is Safe Custody in BSNL Broadband / FTTH / Landline / Air Fiber?
BSNL safe custody plan allows customers to keep safe their telephone facilities (Landline , Broadband, Bharat Fiber or Bharat Air Fiber) when not using the service for a certain period of time without disconnecting the services. Customers can retain their telephone connection by paying nominal charges in safe custody plan. The telephone connection and broadband internet service will be disabled for the period of safe custody. BSNL Safe Custody plans actually puts your services on ‘pause’. The services can be restored by submitting your request in the prescribed application form (application form for plan change) at your nearest BSNL Customer Service Center (BSNL CSC).
BSNL Safe Custody Plan Charges for Bharat Fiber (FTTH), Bharat Air Fiber (BAF), DSL Broadband & Landline Services
(Applicable with effect from 10-05-2021 across all the telecom circles)
|Services||Safe Custody Charges|
|Landline on Copper||Rs 50/- month for Urban areas|
Rs 30/- month for Rural areas
|Landline + Broadband on Copper||Rs 150/- month for Urban & Rural areas|
|Fibre Based plans including AirFibre having FMC|
below Rs. 801/-
|Rs 200/- per month|
|Fibre Based plans including AirFibre having FMC|
above Rs. 801/-
|Rs 300/- per month|
Terms & conditions for providing ‘Safe Custody’ plans:-
- The Safe custody of connection shall be permitted on written request of the subscriber, clearly indicating that the connection is to be kept under ‘Safe Custody’.
- All the Voice connections under Fibre shall be treated as combo during safe custody.
- Customer will be charged above rates per month from the time of intimation of safe custody to the time of termination of safe custody. Customer shall be educated properly at the time of request initiation.
- No revenue share shall be paid to Partners for Safe Custody charges.
- The Modem / CPE / Accessories supplied by the BSNL/Partners (i.e. not customer owned) shall be recovered from the customer for keeping the same under safe custody.
- If ‘half yearly / annual / biennial / triennial’ payment customer opts to safe custody plan, as is done in other annual payment cases, adjustment credit will be given to the customer for the unutilized period and will get adjusted in the subsequent invoices.
- All the above charges are excluding GST. The charges for safe custody plans to be paid in advance.
How to Activate BSNL Safe Custody Plan?
The service shall be permitted only on written request of the authorized subscriber to concerned commercial officer at nearesr BSNL Customer Service Center (BSNL CSC) clearly indicating that the connection (Landline / Bharat Fiber / BBoWiFi) is to be kept under ‘Safe Custody’ from the date. The advance rent also need to be paid at the time of application for the safe custody period.
How to restore BSNL landline / Broadband / FTTH connection from Safe Custody?
BSNL landline / broadband / FTTH / Air Fiber connection will be released only on written request from the customer (Application form for Plan change). To get their telephone facilities activated, a customer need to submit written request in nearest BSNL Office or BSNL Customer Service Center (BSNL CSC). Customer can choose any plan at the time of restoration of service.
Dear readers, please share this revised Safe Custody Charges among all your friends and relatives using BSNL Services. How many of you have availed Safe Custody plans from BSNL?