BSNL has decided to allow concessional Bharat Fiber (FTTH) / Bharat Air Fibre (BAF) connections to both serving and retired employees. As per the latest information, both serving as well as retired BSNL employees are eligible to avail concessional FTTH / Bharat Air Fibre connections.
Maximum discount of 40% in plan charges with ceiling of Rs 300/- per month will be allowed to BSNL’s retired / serving employees in BSNL areas only. It means, concessional FTTH / Bharat Air Fibre connections are not available in MTNL areas i.e., in Delhi or in Mumbai. Concession / Discount will be available only on plan charges and not on any value added services availed over FTTH / Air Fiber connection. BSNL Employees special discount is available from FTTH / Air Fibre plans with minimum FMC (fixed monthly charge) of Rs 599/-.
In case of MTNL area, the existing guidelines for providing concessional broadband only (for below JAG level serving employees) would continue.
Other terms and conditions for availing Concessional Bharat Fiber (FTTH) / Bharat Air Fibre (BAF) Connections to Serving / Retired BSNL Employees
- Concession shall be allowed only on plan charges and the concerned employee will require to bear the cost/rent of the ONU/modem, activation, installation or any other charges as applicable to an ordinary subscriber. However, no security deposit will be required from serving employees. Retired employees shall be required to deposit prescribed security deposit.
- The policy for JAG and above, serving executives may continue as per circular No 02/2018-PHA dated 04-09-2018 or under this new policy with 40% concession limited to Rs 300/-.
- FTTH connections already working in private capacity or availed under 10% concession scheme may be allowed to be migrated to eligible concessional plan if requested by the employee.
- The facility of providing concessional FTTH connections to the spouse of an eligible retired BSNL employee after the death of such employee may not be provided in this policy.
- The provision of FTTH shall be subject to its feasibility.
- Concessional FTTH connection shall be in lieu of :- i) Concessional Broadband ii) Existing RSTC/CTC landline connection and iii) Bharat Fibre services availed under 10% concession scheme and they will be withdrawn upon provisioning of the FTTH connection under this policy.
- GSM in lieu of RSTC/CTC provided in TNF area shall also be withdrawn after provisioning of FTTH.
- Other terms and conditions shall be governed as per existing rules and guidelines issued for serving / retired employees.
Read More : BSNL employees to get 40% discount for Bharat Fiber (FTTH) / Bharat Air Fibre (BAF) connections
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about this latest news among your friends and relatives. How many of you are using BSNL Bharat Fiber (FTTH) or Bharat Air Fibre (BAF) services? Please do share your feedback about download / upload speed via comments with us.