BSNL has announced the launch of a new innovative facility – ‘Chillar Balance Transfer’ – for its prepaid mobile customers where customers will get full talk value from ₹1 to ₹9. As per the latest information, this facility is available with effect from 9th April 2021 in BSNL Kerala Telecom Circle.
Chillar Balance Transfer is extremely useful in situations where customers recharging with odd recharge denominations (recharge denominations not in the multiples of ₹10). In such cases, retailers as well as customers are facing non-availability of change (chillar) and finally customers are forced to purchase some grocery items like – toffee, chocolate etc. equivalent to the change (chillar) value. Now, BSNL has launched ‘Chillar Balance Transfer’ facility to convert this non-telecom product exchange to the benefit of BSNL.
What is Chillar Balance Transfer Facility?
In Chillar Balance Transfer facility, BSNL will be offering full talk value from ₹1 to ₹9 which can be used by BSNL retailer to give change (chillar) to BSNL prepaid mobile customers after recharging their numbers with denominations not in the multiples of ₹10. This full talk value amount will be credited to the main account of BSNL prepaid mobile customer.
How does it work?
Example: Say a BSNL prepaid mobile customer has done a recharge for Rs 56/- on his number. Now the retailer/channel partner has to give the balance amount ₹4 as change (chillar) to the customer. Using BSNL Chillar Balance Transfer facility, this amount i.e., ₹4 can be credited as balance amount with full talk value in customers main account.
Important Points about BSNL Chillar Balance Transfer Facility
- The source number (Retailer CTOPUP number) and destination number (customer mobile number) cannot be changed during chillar balance transfer.
- Chillar Balance Transfer will have the denomination of ₹1 to ₹9 with Full Talk Value.
- Chillar Balance Transfer facility is applicable to all denomination of Plan Voucher/STV/Top Ups above ₹30/-. (Eg:- If somebody makes ₹31 transaction, he is eligible for chillar balance transaction of ₹9 whereas other chillar balance tansactions are not allowed. (i.e., ₹1 to ₹8 chillar balance transactions are not allowed for that particular transaction).
- Time Window for Chillar Balance Transfer is within 2 minutes i.e., Franchisee / Point of Sale / Retailer has to initiate the Chillar Balance Transfer within 2 minutes of the CTOPUP recharge.
- Chillar Balance Transfer is not allowed if the main recharge denomination is below ₹30. (Eg:- If somebody makes recharge of ₹23, chillar rechage will not be successful of any denomination on this number.
- The Chillar Balance Transfer can be made through SIM Toll Kit (STK) and BSNL CTOPUP App.
Read More : BSNL Retailer and DSA CTOPUP Commission on Recharge, New SIM, MNP and Bill Payment | BSNL CTOPUP Mobile Tariff
Dear readers, please share this useful information among your friends and relatives. How many of you have faced chillar balance issues at retailer shops? Whether this facility is good for customers?