BSNL has announced the launch of Prepaid International Roaming Services in Australia, Hon Kong and Tanzania for its prepaid mobile customers in Kerala Circle.
Now, BSNL prepaid mobile customers can avail services via partner network operators – M/s OPTUS (AUSOP) of Australia, & M/s HUTCHISON (HKGH3) of Hong Kong & M/s TIGO (TZAMB) of Tanzania. BSNL customers visiting these countries can enjoy international roaming facility on their existing prepaid mobile numbers through these partner networks.
|Latest BSNL Prepaid International Roaming Countries List|
(As on 11-03-2021)
|Sl No||Country||Partner Network|
|12||British Virgin Islands||M/s CCT|
|14||Canada||M/s Bell Mobility|
|15||Czech Republic||M/s T Mobile|
|21||Greece||M/s Wind Hellas|
|M/s Hot Mobile|
|25||Italy||M/s Telecom (ITASI)|
|27||Japan||M/s NTT Docomo|
|37||New Zealand||M/s Spark (NZLTM)|
|38||Nepal||M/s N Cell|
|41||Puerto Rico||M/s Claro|
|44||Saudi Arabia||M/s Zain|
|47||Spain||M/s Xfera Movils|
|48||Sri Lanka||M/s Diolog Axiata|
|56||Uganda||M/s Uganda Telecom|
|57||UK||M/s Hutchison 3G|
|58||USA||M/s T Mobile|
As on date (11-03-2021), BSNL’s Prepaid International Roaming service is available for 83 networks in 60 countries. BSNL is also providing Postpaid International Roaming service for 476 networks in 195 countries. If you are planning to visit any of the above countries, you can simply use your existing BSNL Prepaid Mobile number. Now let us check the steps to activate BSNL International Roaming facility on your BSNL Prepaid Mobile number.
How to Activate BSNL’s Prepaid International Roaming ?
Customers can activate BSNL’s Prepaid International Roaming facility on their existing number in just two steps.
Step 1. Replace SIM Card
Customers may replace their existing SIM card with BSNL Prepaid International Roaming enabled SIM cards from nearest Customer service centers. Customers are requested to submit a copy of ID proof or Aadhar card to get international roaming enabled Dual IMSI SIM card.
Step 2. Recharge International Roaming STV
After getting new SIM card which is enabled with International Roaming, the facility can be activated with BSNL’s International Roaming STVs – either STV 58 or 168. IR STV 58 offers 30 days validity whereas IR STV 168 offers 90 days validity. After the expiry, a customer may recharge with any of these two IR STVs to get continued International Roaming Service on your BSNL prepaid mobile number. This STV can be activated on any of the existing BSNL Prepaid Mobile Plans.
BSNL Prepaid International Roaming – To Do List
- Restart your phone, once you land abroad.
- Manually search and select the network operator.
- Keep the ‘Mobile Data’ off when not in use.
- IR STV 58 has 30 days validity whereas IR STV 168 has 90 days validity.
- Please remember to redo any of these two STVs for extension of International Roaming facility.
- Check http://ir.bsnl.co.in/ for tariff related information.(http://ir.bsnl.co.in/ -> Prepaid -> Tariffs and coverage -> Choose the visiting country -> Select operator -> Select currency -> click ok )
- All International services except Incoming SMS are chargeable.
- Use a Quadband supporting phone if you are travelling to USA.
- Use a 3G supporting phone if you are travelling to Japan.
- If you encounter any difficulties while roaming abroad, Call / Whatsapp / SMS to +919446087621 / +919447087621 for assistance (for Kerala customers).
- Customers can also book their complaint at http://ir.bsnl.co.in/ Or Call +919434024365.
BSNL also provides Data Roaming facility across the world. Roaming in Foreign operator’s mobile network requires a compatible Handset which is capable of working in frequency bands used by the networks in the country visited. Customers are advised not to use data services while in international roaming as the data charges are very high.
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about BSNL’s Prepaid International Roaming facility via comments with us.