Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has activated more than 1.4 million new mobile connections in November 2020. This figure include both prepaid and postpaid SIM activations done by BSNL in the last month i.e., in November 2020.
Among BSNL units, only three telecom circles – UP(East), UP(West) & Rajasthan – were able to cross 1 lakh new mobile activations (SIM sales) in November 2020. Whereas in October 2020, there were 5 telecom circles with more than 1 lakh new mobile activations which included Bihar and Maharashtra. However, during last month, these two telecom circles activated 97,370 & 95,090 connections respectively.
Target for October 2020
Achievement in October 2020
Jammu & Kashmir
|North East I||25,000||5,786||23%|
|North East II||25,000||5,126||21%|
Among BSNL telecom circles, only Haryana (103%) was able to achieve the assigned target in November 2020. UPW (99%), Kolkata (98%), Bihar (97%) & and Punjab (92%) circles were able to achieve more than 90% of their target in SIM sales for the month of November 2020. These circles are the BEST performers in SIM sales during November 2020.
North East – II (21%), North East – I (23%), Tamil Nadu (29%), Jharkhand (31%) & Himachal Pradesh (31%) circles were able to achieve below 35% of their respective targets and these 5 telecom circles were the worst performing BSNL units in new SIM activations in November 2020.
BSNL SIM activations as per latest TRAI telecom subscription data also shows the increasing demand for BSNL services by customers all over the country even though BSNL was not able to finalize it’s 4G rollout strategy. People in India always trusted BSNL since it is 100% owned by Government of India. BSNL always extended helping hands in difficult situations like flood, cyclone, landslide etc. Recently BSNL revised their postpaid mobile plans where customers were offered extra free data and data rollover facility. In addition, customers may get free additional SIM cards with unlimited calls, data and SMS benefits without any additional cost. As per latest revision, BSNL postpaid mobile plans starts from just Rs 199 onwards.
Some of the latest offers announced by BSNL for its Mobile Customers (Prepaid & Postpaid) are listed below for your quick reference.
- BSNL revises Postpaid Mobile Plans; Launches new plans ₹199, ₹798 & ₹999 with unlimited calls, data rollover facility and FREE Family connections
- BSNL customers can access ZING live streaming app with selected recharge plans from 1st December 2020; Latest ZING bundled Offers from BSNL
- BSNL to extend Sunday Full Talk time Offer with Top Up ₹100 to all prepaid mobile customers till 31st March 2021 on PAN India basis
- BSNL revises freebies validity as well as plan validity of MNP Offer – Plan Voucher ₹108 from 1st December 2020 across all telecom circles
- BSNL regularizes Combo STV 49 which offer 100 minutes voice calls, 100 SMS and 2GB free data for 28 days on PAN India basis
- BSNL extended discounted recharge offers ₹139 & ₹1199 to re-activate validity expired prepaid numbers till 31st December 2020
- BSNL customers can enjoy freebies of all prepaid recharge offers (Voice, Data & SMS) in MTNL areas with effect from 1st December 2020
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about BSNL Mobile Service via comments with us. How many of you have ported your mobile number to BSNL from other private operators ? How do you feel about the Voice Quality and Coverage of BSNL Mobile Network?