Recently almost all mobile operators in India have made slight changes in their prepaid mobile plans either in Recharge amount or in validity period.
BSNL customers are also receiving SMS alerts before the expiry of their plan validity and most of these SMS will contain technical terms like Plan Validity Date, Credit Clearance date, Grace Periods 1 & 2 (GP1 & GP2) etc. Here, we are trying to explain all these terms in detail.
Validity Period is the period of during which you are allowed to make or receive the calls and start with the date activation of your SIM card. Each of the prepaid mobile customers will be enrolled in a particular tariff plan and there will be plan validity for each of these plans. Here plan validity refers to the total number of Calendar Days a customer will get free incoming calls and SMS after enrolling in a particular plan.
To know your Plan details like – Validity, Status, GP1, GP2 and Plan Name – just dial *123# from your BSNL Prepaid Mobile number
GP1 (Grace Period 1)
7 Days after expiry of your sim validity. BSNL will keep some 7 days as GP1, within that period, if you can recharge with any of the available plan voucher amount, you can restore all your services.
Credit Clearance Date
Last day of GP-1 is the credit clearance date. In case you don’t recharge your prepaid mobile number with plan voucher during Grace Period 1 (GP-1) your existing account balance will be lapsed and number will be pushed to Grace Period 2 (GP-2).
GP2 (Grace Period 2)
172 Days after expiry of your sim validity. Within this period, if you can recharge once with any of the existing plan voucher, you can restore all your services. In case you don’t recharge your prepaid number during Grace Period 2 (GP-2), your account get ceased and you may loose your existing mobile number.
Some of the latest changes of BSNL Prepaid Mobile Plans are listed below for your quick reference:-
- BSNL launched Mithram Plus prepaid mobile plan replacing the existing Mithram & Deepam plans
- BSNL’s new annual prepaid mobile plan @ ₹365 offers Unlimited Calls, Unlimited Data – 2GB/Day, Free SMS and Caller Tune
- BSNL launched longer validity Unlimited Voice Plan 999 with effect from 1st December 2019 on wards
- BSNL withdrawn Freedom Plan, a few Combo STVs and Prepaid Blackberry STVs with effect from 30th December 2019
- BSNL to reduce the validity of prepaid mobile plan vouchers PV 74, PV 75 & PV 153 to 90 days on PAN India basis
- How to extend validity of BSNL Mithram prepaid plan? Answer to customer doubts and complaints explained
Dear readers, please share this post among your friends so that this will be helpful for them in understanding details about Validity, GP1 & GP2.