BSNL Wings Service is a new NGN VoIP service facilitating Internet Telephony Service through Mobile/Laptop using any Internet connection. Wings Fixed Mobile Telephony is an ‘APP’ based calling service provided by BSNL which allows customers to initiate / receive VoIP calls within and outside the BSNL network either from his laptop / mobile i.e., calls can be made to any landline, mobile or BSNL Wings number and LFMT (Limited FMT) numbers. It uses the packet switching technology and makes communication possible over IP networks such as Internet without a SIM card.
|1||One time registration charge||Rs 1099/-|
|2||Fixed Monthly charges||NIL|
Installation and Activation charges
|NIL (No Instruments / Handset by BSNL)|
ISD Deposit (from outside India territory calling)
The Department of Telecom has approved Internet Telephony in India which allows SIM-less calling using 3G/4G/Broadband internet services or Wi-Fi. With this, the country moves a step ahead in achieving the vision of ‘Digital India’. In the access side of Wings network, the last mile copper connectivity is replaced by Internet.
- 10 digit wings number will be allotted to the customer without a SIM.
- High portability i.e. can be registered on any device of customer’s choice (PC, laptop or mobile).
- Voice and Video calling facility.
- All Landline services on free SIP VOIP soft phone applications.
- Attractive tariff where there is no fixed monthly charge and one year free calling to any network in India. National and International roaming facility.
- Can be used from any operator’s 3G/4G/Broadband internet/Free Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Works on Windows, Android, IOS platforms
- Multiple wings connections can be registered on a single device using different SIP Client/Calling APPs.
1. What is BSNL Wings Service?
BSNL Wings Service allows customers to make and receive voice and video calls through the VoIP APP installed in the smart phone connected to any operator’s 3G/4G/Broadband Internet/Free Wi-Fi Hotspot.
2. What is VoIP or SIP?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol. This is the open–standard set of protocols for the packet technology utilized in this value Added Service (VAS).
3. What is the difference between the already launched LFMT and the new Wings Service?
With LFMT, subscriber can receive and originate calls through the APP installed in his smart phone connected on WI-FI to his BSNL broadband modem (within WI-FI range) or through BSNL WiFi hotspots. It is restricted to BSNL data service (broadband, ILL, etc.) as the path for the VoIP data packets.
Whereas, Wings subscriber can use internet connection from any operator’s 3G/4G/Broadband internet/Free Wi-Fi Hotspot to receive and originate his fixed line calls through the APP.
4. How it is different from voice calling on Other SIP based APPs?
In Sip based APPs, the called party should be online on the APP at the time of calling. Calls can be made only to customers using the same APP and not to any landline or mobile number.
Whereas, in Wings, customer can make / receive calls from any other wings as well as non-wings numbers like NGN, Mobile, ISD, NLD,LFMT numbers whether BSNL or non-BSNL.
5. What is the number allotted for wings and what is the use of the virtual number allotted?
A 10 digit Wings number (of NGN switch) will be allotted to the customer without a SIM and can be used for voice and video calling.
6. Does it need GSM connectivity like 3G/4G?
No there is no need to have a SIM or GSM connectivity for availing this service. Customer just needs active internet connection from any operator.
7. Does it work with Smartphone having SIM of non-BSNL service provider?
Yes. Wings works independent of any SIM. Any smart phone having non–BSNL SIM can also be configured with Wings facility.
8. Are there any fixed monthly charges?
No separate fixed monthly charges for Wings services at present.
9. What are the charges for outgoing calls?
Call charges are as follows:
- Free to any network for One year in India.
- International calls as per existing Landline Tariffs(MOU basis).
10. What are the charges for incoming calls?
There are no separate call charges for incoming calls.
11. What are the advantages of Wings?
- Video and voice calling facility
- One year free calling to any network in India
- National and International roaming facility
- Can be used on any free SIP soft clients
- Can be used on any operator’s internet connection
- The service will give better voice quality where mobile signals are poor such as high-rise buildings or peripheral areas or deep indoors.
- The large phonebook/recording/logging and other features of a Smartphone can be utilized for making/receiving landline calls too.
12. Will it work outside the building viz., home/office?
Yes, as long as it is within the range of a WI-FI or there exists an active mobile data connection – this may extend indoors as well as outdoor.
13. Does it support Windows phone?
Yes, it supports Android, IOS and Windows too.
14. Can it work with a feature-phone?
No, since it is APP-based, it requires a Smartphone, in order to download the SIP soft client.
15. Can more than one ‘Wings’ number be registered in one Smartphone?
Yes, more than one number of connections can be registered on single device.
16. Can it work from any other Wi-Fi device like laptop or Phablet?
Yes, it can work from any type of smart Wi-Fi calling device like laptop, Phablet, which can download soft client.
17. Which are the SIP soft clients that can be used?
In Google Play store, several SIP soft clients are available for free download. Grandstream, Zoiper and Linphone are some recommended apps.
18. How to apply for Wings?
A specific CAF (Customer Agreement Form) is available in any of the CSCs (Customer service centre) of BSNL. It may be filled up & submitted, with the required documents. Email ID and Phone number are mandatory to apply for Wings.
19. Is there any additional deposit for this?
No additional deposit for Wings for national calling. However, for ISD (outside India territory calling), a deposit of Rs. 2000/- is to be paid.
20. Are there any free calls provided?
Promotional offer of One year free calling to any network in India is available.
21. Is there any registration or activation charge?
Yes. One time registration charges of Rs. 1099/- are applicable.
22. Is a similar service to Wings provided by any other telecom service provider in India?
Presently, this is an unique service provided by BSNL only.
23. Will there be a separate bill for Wings service?
No, currently promotional offer of One year free calling to any network in India is available. For further updates on Tariff and Billing, please visit BSNL NGN Website www.bsnl.co.in.
Read More: BSNL Kerala Plan revised to offer unlimited data 2GB/Day with true unlimited voice calls to any network
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about BSNL’s Wings Service via comments with us.
Self registered and paid the amount but yet to get any mail or sms regarding the payment or activation pin. 9020111883
it was supposed to be delivered to public from first august.but why its not available to public yet.cancelled this facility.i have done booking by paying the amount.if not going to launch give me back the money got from me
ഇത് വരെയും ഇത് പബ്ലിക്കിന് കൊടുത്തിട്ടില്ല. സത്യം പറഞ്ഞാൽ ഇത്രയും വലിയ നാണക്കേടുണ്ടോ.ഇന്ന് തീയതി ഓഗസ്റ്റ് 4 ആണ്.കസ്റ്റമർ സർവീസ് ഏജന്റയിന് യാതൊരു ഐഡിയയും ഇല്ല ഇതിനെ കുറിച്ച്..ഇത് നടക്കുമോ ?ആരാണ് ഇതിനു ഉത്തരവാദത്വ മുള്ളവർ
Sathyam aanu.. Njnum register chythatha.. Bsnl office il ullavarkku ithine patti idea kurava.. Angne statue il eh main office il oru pullidethu chodichapol, number allotment il entho issue vannu atha lag aavn kaarnm.. August 15 okke aavumbo nokkiyal mathi enna parnje..
Ee link use chyu work aavum
I have paid online payment through bsnl wings registered booking . but customer care no response speaking don't know. Because don't registered bsnl wings
guys send mail to [email protected] (this company managing this service for bsnl)
recent charges for internet for three months is about 399 Rs..for any company..wings free charge calling costs Rs 1200 per year..that means an average of rs 300 for three months..total costs for me for three months in this regard comes to 399+300 equals to Rs 699… Why should I pay this much for internet and calling for three months since all mobile companies now provide unlimited calling pus 2GB /day internet below Rs 450.. For the internet connection I should have a SIM since in India most of them use mobile phones for calling…then what is the meaning of calling without a sim?… Now itself I can use internet call through whats app etc..then why should i enter in the mess and battery charge of one more connection in my mobile along with the existing one…I am still using a BSNL connection .All my natives throw away their BSNL connection and went to other companies years before What is the reason ?…In the year 2000 and so we thousands in the valley were getting mobile range from a small tower 4 KMs away situated near Gokulam Medical college Venjaramood Thiruvananthapuram Kerala…with full in allof our mobiles range Altogether only three antennas were there and the call intensity through one of this antenna increased day by day…Then there came two new towers for Air tell and Idea nearer to us …At the same time BSNL increased the number of antennas to 12 in the same tower..most of them where in the off condition and power of the original antennas were reduced step by step, year by year..actually it there is no reason for this signal intensity reduction except the other companies ..Day by day year by year the cll became difficult and gradually allthe nativer went to other mobile operaters except me with low signal of call and internet..I guess some agents are working behind the low signal by making off the antennas of BSNL to help others..BSNL surrendered everything before the others ..As an Indian Iam feeling much same on this …but still continues with BSNL. BAD LUCK….
Use this link to register.
still customer care people in kerala is behaving like they hear the name first in their life and they do not have any idea about wings.so still i couldn't activate the service even i was paid and booked the service on 15th july the same the it was launched booking with first number.i make relief that 1297 riupees went ito the water and waiting for the vowifi service from vodafone and jio totally free from next month.and could be used anyware in the world.
Dear sir my sim card 9783063737stil not registar in saudiarabia so please registar my sim cars