Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) – one of India’s largest Pubic Sector Units has released notification to recruit 2,510 Junior Telecom Officers (JTOs) from open market. Maximum vacancies are available in Maharashtra telecom circle (440) followed by Kerala (330) and Karnataka (300).
The PSU will be selecting candidates having a valid Gate Score 2017. Online Registration process for the candidature of Direct JTO(T) (Junior Telecom Officer, Telecom) in BSNL will start with effect from 6th March 2017 to 6th April 2017 through BSNL portal i.e. www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in.
Scale of Pay:-
BSNL will be offering IDA pay scale of Rs 16400-40500 (E1 Scale) with annual increment of 3 percent of basic pay plus IDA, HRA, Perks, Medical Benefits etc admissible as per company rules.
Nationality: Only Indian Nationals would be eligible to apply.
Educational Qualifications: Applicant must possess the educational qualifications: BE / BTech. or equivalent in Telecom / Electronics / Radio / Computer / Electrical / Information Technology / Instrumentation Engineering or M.Sc.(Electronics) / M.Sc.(Computer Science) AND are required to appear GATE exam 2017, opting one paper from selected four disciplines of GATE paper codes i.e. CS / EC / EE / IN (details are available at www.gate.iitr.ernet.in).
GATE Registration ID:
All the willing candidates must have a VALID GATE Registration ID (13 digits) for applying for DRJTO(T) online Registration.
Mode of selection and nature of Question Paper:-
The mode of selection is through VALID GATE SCORE-2017 which has been conducted by IIT Roorkee, in the month of February 2017.
Process of Selection:-
- First of all, the interested candidates having qualification BE / BTech. or equivalent in Telecom / Electronics / Radio / Computer / Electrical / Information Technology / Instrumentation Engineering or M.Sc.(Electronics) / M.Sc.(Computer Science) AND are required to appear GATE exam 2017, opting one paper from selected four disciplines of GATE paper codes i.e. CS / EC / EE / IN (details are available at www.gate.iitr.ernet.in).
- Secondly, the interested candidates shall have to register themselves further with VALID GATE Registration ID (13 digits) with GATE Paper Code CS/ EC/ EE / IN through www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in.
- During the registration with BSNL, candidates shall have to choose a particular Circle, where he/she would serve in case of appointment in BSNL.
- Accordingly, on declaration of GATE-2017 result, a Circle wise merit list shall be prepared by BSNL on the basis of GATE-2017 score/marks obtained by the registered candidates & available vacancies thereof in the respective Circles. The cutoff of the merit list for appointment will be decided by the company.
- BSNL shall not conduct any further Examination/interview etc. for the selection of the candidates for the recruitment of Direct JTO(T) in BSNL.
- The appearance of the name in BSNL’s merit-list does/will not confer any right on the candidate for employment. A final call/appointment letter will be issued to the candidate after completion of all other formalities.
Online Application/Registration and Fee for examination:-
Candidates applying for JTO(T)( Junior Telecom Officer Telecom) posts are required to apply online for which link shall be provided through BSNL web site www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in. The applications will be considered only through the online registration process which is to commence from 06-03-2017 and will be closed on 06-04-2017.
Fee for online Registration in www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in :-
The online registration shall commence from 06-03-2017 and shall close on 06-04-2017. The prescribed examination fee of Rs 500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) for OC/OBC candidates and of Rs 300/- (Rupees three Hundred only) for SC/ST candidates shall be paid through online mode i.e. Internet Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card only.
Click Here to Download the Notification for BSNL JTO Recruitment 2017 – Circle wise vacancies and important dates to remember
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about BSNL JTO Recruitment via comments with us.