offering unlimited voice calls at Rs 149 a month over its existing
broadband network, the PSU will also aim to reduce interconnection
usage charges (IUC).
“Jio has come up with disruptive strategy and we are ready to match whatever tariff is being offered by our competitors,” BSNL CMD added.
To compete with Jio and other private operators, BSNL launched many attractive tariff plans and offers in both Mobile and Landline/Broadband segments. Some of them are listed below:
- BSNL launches new prepaid 3G Data STV 498 with Unlimited Data usage without speed restriction on PAN India basis
- BSNL revises 3G Data STV 1099 to offer Unlimited Data without speed restriction, Launches two new data packs 156(2GB Usage) & 549(10GB Usage)
- BSNL extended Double Data Offer on Annual Data STVs up to 31st December 2016 in all the telecom circles.
- BSNL Launched FREEDOM Prepaid Mobile Plan On 19th October 2016, Recharge 136 To Get 2 Year Validity & Free Data On Combo Vouchers
- BSNL extended promotional landline plan ‘Experience LL-49’ till 31st December 2016 in all telecom circles
- BSNL extended promotional Unlimited Combo Broadband plan – ‘Experience Unlimited BB 249’ till 31st December 2016 in all the circles
- BSNL launches new True Unlimited Broadband plan ‘BBG Combo ULD 1199’ with 2Mbps flat download speed and 24 Hrs Unlimited free calls (Local + STD) to any network
- BSNL launches new 4 Mbps Unlimited Broadband plan BBG Combo ULD 1599 with 24 Hrs. Unlimited free calls to any network in India
- BSNL extended Wi-Fi Modem offers for broadband customers up to 31st December 2016 in all the circles
- BSNL reugularizes ‘Broadband Only’ unlimited internet plans without voice facility with effect from 1st December 2016 in all the circles
- BSNL to offer 300 additional free calls (MCUs) on all networks for new landline subscribers arranging their own landline instrument
BSNL launched Aadhar based e-KYC service through BSNL- Swift Mobile App for immediate activation of new mobile connections. The PSU reported a six fold jump in an operating profit for the FY 2015-16 at Rs 3,855 crore with 4.4% increase in revenue from services.