Asked Questions (FAQs) / Clarifications about BSNL’s ‘Experience Unlimited Broadband 249’ plan
1. How BSNL calculates Re 1 per 1GB under the new plan “Experience Unlimited Broadband 249” ?
- A customer, subscribes under the new plan – “Experience Unlimited Broadband 249” can download 300GB data in 30 days. At the end of the month, he/she will be charged Rs 249 (+ tax) only for his 300GB data usage. It means cost per 1GB data is less than Rs 1/-.
- Yes. Experience Unlimited Broadband 249 plan is a Combo Plan. It means, No additional rental will be charged for Landline.
3. Whether any existing Lanldine Customers (not having broadband) can take Experience Unlimited Broadband 249 plan?
- Yes. Any existing Landline Customers (not having broadband) can take Experience Unlimited Broadband 249 plan.
3. What is the FUP limit for Experience Unlimited Broadband 249 plan?
- FUP limit for this plan is 1GB with 2Mbps speed. After FUP limit speed will be adjusted to 1Mbps with unlimited data download. It means, Customers may enjoy the Maximum download speed of 2Mbps (up to 1 GB) and minimum download speed of 1Mbps (after 1GB).
- No additional rental charges for landline, under this Experience BB Unlimited 249 plan. In addition, customers may enjoy Unlimited Free Night Calls (9pm to 7am) +24Hrs Unlimited Free Calls on All Sundays. All other calls are chargeable from landline.
- All call charges are at Rs. 1 for BSNL network and Rs. 1.2 for other network per MCU (Meter Called Unit, 1MCU = 60 Seconds) in India.
- Total Monthly bill for this plan (Experience Unlimited BB 249) is Rs.249/- plus Service tax at present rates (now it is 15%) i.e, approximately it will be Rs. 287/-.
6. What is about BSNL Landline Unlimited Free calling facility? whether Unlimited call facility is available in Experience Unlimited BB 249 plan?
- Yes, Unlimited call facility is available in Experience Unlimited BB 249 plan. Existing unlimited free night calling facility at night time from 9PM to 7AM on every day (Monday to Saturday) + 24 Hrs Unlimited Free Calls on all Sundays.
7. Is it is a regular plan?
- No. At present, Experience Unlimited BB 249 plan is a promotional offer available up to 31st March 2017 for subscription.
8. What will be after promotional period?
- New customers can subscribe to this plan during the promotional period (i.e., up to 31st October 2016). Customers who have subscribed during this promotional scheme time, can continue for six months. After 6 months they will be migrated to BBG Combo ULD 499 plan automatically.
9. What are the features of BBG Combo ULD 499 plan?
- Experience Unlimited BB 249 plan is only for 180 days from the date of activation. After six months, 249 data plan customer will automatically be migrated to ‘BBG Combo ULD 499′ unlimited broadband plan which offers Maximum download speed of 2Mbps (up to 2 GB) and minimum download speed of 1Mbps (after 1GB).
10. Can I avail yearly subscriptions for this plan?
- No, Longer validity subscriptions (one, two, three year) are not allowed in this plan.
11. Is there any chance to migrate to other higher plans other than BBG Combo ULD 499?
- Yes, customers if required, can migrate to other best suited BSNL broadband plans as per their choice / requirements.
12. How we can change/migrate to other plans, Is there any facility online?
- Yes, subscribed customers under this 249 plan can migrate to any other higher data plans at any time through BSNL Broadband Online Selfcare Portal.
13. Is this plan available on FTTH (Fiber Broadband) also?
- Yes, this plan is also provided to the customers on BSNL Fiber to Home network, if it is feasible.
14. Does BSNL 249 broadband plan offers any special high speed unlimited night downloading?
- There is no time restrictions for Unlimited Data Usage. Customers may enjoy Unlimited Data 24 Hrs.
15. Can I convert my existing BSNL broadband plan to this newly launched plan?
- No, it is not applicable. This plan is available for new broadband customers only. Existing Landline customers, not having broadband may also opt Experience Unlimited BB 249 plan.
16. Is it applicable for everyone or selected areas like Rural / Urban etc ?
- Yes, it is available for all new broadband customers in all the telecom circles where BSNL operates.
17. Does existing broadband customers can avail this plan?
- No, this is not available for existing customers. This plan is available for new broadband customers only. Existing Landline customers, not having broadband may also opt Experience Unlimited BB 249 plan.
18. If a customer closes the existing connection, and apply for new connection immediately, whether this BSNL 249 plan is available?
- Yes, this plan is applicable for new customers, even if closes the old BSNL landline service. [For new landline connections, Installation Charges for Landline (Rs 600/-) & Installation Charges for Broadband (Rs 250/-) are completely waived off while Security Deposit of Rs 500 is applicable]
19. Whether the same number will be allotted for existing customers, if it is closed and apply as a new connection?
- No, it is not possible. The same landline number will not be allotted to new landline customers. After closure of an existing landline number, the same will be kept in BSNL database for some period.
20. Is Static IP available in this plan?
- No, there is no static IP address facility available in this plan.
21. What are deposits for this plan?
- For a new customer. Landline security deposit charges of Rs 500/- + Broadband security deposit of Rs 249/- (One Month broadband rental) is applicable.
22. Can a subscriber of this plan requires to purchase the broadband modem from BSNL at the time of new connection?
- No, it is not mandatory. subscriber under this 249 unlimited broadband plan can have a choice to purchase a modem from BSNL or from outside market.
23. What are the applicable installation charges for this BSNL 249 plan?
- There are no installation charges in this special plan. For new customers, Installation Charges for Landline (Rs 600/-) & Installation Charges for Broadband (Rs 250/-) are completely waived off for BSNL 249 plan unlimited plan.
24. Can telephone instrument charges do include in this plan or it is waived off with installation fees?
- Customers may purchase their-own landline instrument from open market or from BSNL. BSNL provides landline instrument @ Rs 600/-
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about BSNL’s Re 1 per GB Unlimited Data Offer – Experience Unlimited Broadband 249 Plan via comments with us.