BSNL CMD Shri. Anupam Srivastava said – “We have already provided sufficient points of interconnect to Reliance Jio, and can augment it more based on requirement. There has been no fresh request from Jio for increasing the capacity at points of interconnect.”
“While Jio is providing voice calls free of cost, whenever those calls land into BSNL network, we get interconnectivity charge of 14 paise, so it makes commercial sense for us” – BSNL CMD added.
On allegation by private operators on asymmetric voice traffic being unleashed from Jio network, BSNL CMD said that whenever a new entrant comes, the voice traffic is always asymmetric and it normalises slowly. Symmetry of traffic gets established over a point of time only.
- BSNL Broadband @ Re 1 per GB, BSNL Launches New Entry Level Unlimited Broadband Plans ‘Experience Unlimited Broadband 249’ And ‘BBG Combo ULD 499’
- BSNL Introduces Promotional Landline Plan – ‘Experience LL 49’ With Monthly Rental Of Rs 49/- And Unlimited Free Night Calling
- BSNL Launches New True Unlimited Broadband Plan ‘BBG Combo ULD 1199’ With 2Mbps Flat Download Speed And 24 Hrs Unlimited Free Calls (Local + STD) To Any Network From 9th September 2016 On Wards
- BSNL launches Unlimited 3G Data Pack without speed restriction @ 1099, New 3G Data pack 549 offer 10 GB Data
- BSNL Mobile Users To Get True Unlimited Voice Calling Offer To Any Network (Local/STD/Roaming) Under New Postpaid Mobile Plans From 1st September 2016 On PAN India Basis
- BSNL To Offer Unlimited 3G Data In All Existing Postpaid 3G Data Add-On Plans With FMC Rs 666 And Above, With Effect From 1st September 2016 On PAN India Basis
- BSNL doubled validity of existing Prepaid 3G Data STV 561 from 1st September 2016 on PAN India basis