to 3rd June 2016, covering various locations in the city over a distance of 350 k.m. by the Audit Agency M/s CS Datamation.
the network condition more specifically in terms of Radio Frequency (RF)Coverage; Rx Quality; Call Setup Success Rate; Call Drop; Voice Quality; Blocked calls; and Carrier to Interference ratio.
The salient findings of the independent drive test are as under:-
- All the operators have met the Call Setup Success Rate benchmark of >95%.
- All the operators have met the Blocked Call Rate benchmark of 3% except DoCoMo 3G.
- All the operators have met the Call Drop Rate benchmark of <2% except Airtel 2G, Aircel
2G & 3G and Tata DoCoMo 2G.
- All the operators have met the RxQuality Rate benchmark of >95% except Aircel 2G.
From the above test resutls, it is very much clear that the Quality of Service of BSNL Mobile Services is much better than other prominent private operators like Airtel, DoCoMo, Aircel etc. Tariff plans offered by BSNL are the most economical in the current telecom market in India. In addition, BSNL offers the best and economical 3G/2G mobile data packs.
To get more customers from private operators, recently BSNL launched a new prepaid mobile plan – Students Special – which is bundled with a bouquet of attractive offers exclusive for MNP customers as well as for new BSNL mobile connections. Several
unique and industry first offers were already launched by BSNL such as –
FREE All India Roaming, FREE To Home Services, Mobile Data Offloading (MDO) Service etc.
Some of the Unique offers from BSNL which is exclusive for its customers are listed below:
- New BSNL Student Special Plan, 1GB Free 3G/2G Data, Lowest Call Rate of 10ps and Friends and Family facility