BSNL became the second largest mobile operator in Kerala in March 2016. As per TRAI telecom subscription data for the month of March 2016, the total number of Wireless subscribers of BSNL Kerala Circle increased to 75.7 lakhs while Vodafone managed increase its wireless subscriber base to 74.9 lakhs only.
During April 2016, BSNL further added 1.11 lakhs of new mobile customers thereby increasing its total wireless customer base to 76.8 lakhs. The total number of wireless subscribers of Vodafone stood at 75.1 lakhs during the same period.
BSNL Kerala telecom circle added 1.09 lakhs customers in January 2016, 1.15 lakhs in February 2016, 0.67 lakhs in March 2016 and 1.11 lakhs in April 2016. The total number of wireless subscribers of Vodafone has reached 75.08 lakhs in April 2016. Other private operators – Bharti and Reliance are at No.4 and No.5 positions with 43.63 lakhs and 22.27 lakhs customers respectively.
In Wireline (Fixed line) segment, BSNL continues to be the No.1 operator in Kerala Crcle with 21.58 lakhs customers as per the latest TRAI report April 2016. Though there is a negative trend in wireline customer base, the PSU managed to attract new customers with many exciting features like – FREE Night Calling Scheme, FREE To Home Service etc.
Read More : TRAI Report Card April 2016: BSNL became the No.1 telecom operator with highest growth rate and maximum net addition of wireless customers
The PSU started migrating its old telephone exchanges to IP based Next Generation Network (NGN) system through which many advanced features and value added services like – Fixed Mobile Convergence, Fixed Mobile Telephony, Multimedia Video Conferencing, Prepaid Fixed line services, All India IP Centrex etc. may be provisioned to existing landline customers.
As an operator, BSNL managed to maintain the No.2 position in Kerala Circle with gross subscriber base (Wireline + Wireless) of 98.44 lakhs. Idea continues to be the largest operator with 104.44 lakhs gross subscribers as per TRAI report April 2016.
To increase its customer base BSNL already announced a bouquet of exciting offers for its customers. Some of them are listed below:
- BSNL launches new ‘Student Special’ annual prepaid mobile plan with 1GB Free 3G data and 10 paise/min call rate from 20th June 2016 on PAN India basis
- BSNL’s Voice STV 201 will offer 26,800 seconds free local/STD calls to any network, revises Voice STVs 135 and 159 also from 20th June 2016 on PAN India basis
- BSNL launches new Voice STVs which offers free local and STD calls to Any Network from 20th June 2016 on PAN India basis
- BSNL extended Special Broadband plans having higher FUP limit for all the existing customers in Kerala Circle
- BSNL extended FREE All India Roaming Offer further for one year on PAN India basis with effect from 15th June 2016
- BSNL launches ‘FREE TO HOME’ service – Free Call forwarding facility from Mobile to BSNL landline even during roaming
- BSNL to Offer Free Pyari Jodi SIM card having 20 minutes free calls with each new prepaid mobile connection from 1st June 2016 on PAN India basis
- BSNL waives off 100% installation charges for new Fiber Connections for a promotional period of 90 days on PAN India basis
- BSNL introduces 3G/2G Night Data STVs as low as Rs.3/- for all prepaid mobile customers from 21st May 2016 on wards on PAN India basis
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about this wonderful comeback from BSNL via comments with us. Whether BSNL will take the No.1 position in Kerala Circle beating Idea in the near future?