BSNL is taking all efforts to increase its market share by increasing the sale of Prepaid SIM cards. Recently, the PSU has slashed the call rate by 80% for new prepaid mobile customers. In addition, Special MNP incentive Scheme was also launched by BSNL to motivate its channel partners like Retailers, DSAs, RDs and Franchisees.
To further increase / boost the sale of BSNL Mobile connections and to increase the customer satisfaction, the PSU has decided to launch ‘Take Today, Talk Today’ scheme which will ensure the activation of prepaid mobile connections within 24 Hours of SIM sale. The scheme was initially launched by BSNL Himachal Pradesh telecom circle and received tremendous response from customers.
Now based on the positive results made by the new initiative – ‘Take Today, Talk Today’ scheme – BSNL authorities has decided to introduce the same scheme in all the telecom circles. BSNL authorities has instructed all field units to take necessary steps to ensure SIM activations within 24 hours of SIM sale.
Major highlights of ‘Take Today, Talk Today’ scheme to ensure SIM activation within 24 Hours of SIM sale
- BSNL will be opening CSCs (Customer Service Centers) at all manned telephone exchanges and the sale and activation of Prepaid Mobile Connections will be done at these locations.
- Nearby DSAs/Franchisees/RDs may be allowed submit the the CAF (Customer Application Form) to these locations so as to improve CAF collection/activation efficiency.
- All BSNL CSCs will be open from 8 AM to 8 PM in all the days including holidays.
- Regular direct interactions will be made with retailers (Franchisee/RD), FoS & DSAs so as to not only acquaint them with schemes but also to get valuable feedback.
- In the rural areas, BSNL Staff (TM/RM) may be entrusted with the job of CAF collection in their exchange areas.
- BSNL staff at all Customer Service Centers will ensure the activation of each mobile connection within 24 hours of sale.
With all these efforts, our national telecom backbone – BSNL – is trying to regain its market share in the Mobile segment. The new scheme will surely improve the customer satisfaction level to a great extent.
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about this new initiative – ‘Take Today, Talk Today’ scheme – by BSNL via comments with us.