Shri. Rao also said that, BSNL is also planning to set up Public WiFi hotspots in 1,113 locations across Kerala Telecom circle. There will be 2731 Access Points where customers can access high speed wireless internet on their Mobile / Laptop / Tablet.
- Small Hotspot: Cafe, Lounge, Food court etc, – 2 Mbps (dedicated)
- Mid Size Hotspot: Malls, IT Parks, Resorts, Hospitals etc – 4 Mbps (dedicated)
- Large Hotspot: Campus, Very large mall, uncovered broadband semi urban/rural areas – 10 Mbps (dedicated)
- Kochi to be the First Corporation in India providing Free WiFi Connectivity to public though WiFi Hotspots in association with BSNL
- BSNL to launch ‘Public WiFi Hotspots’ in Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh & Tamil Nadu || Enjoy download speed up to 10 Mbps
- BSNL undertakes Rs 1000 Crore Investment plan which include launch of Skype facility and Wi-Fi hotspots
“We admit there have been some issues with our services, but we have been able to address most of these in the past few months. There has been congestion of the networks, which we have solved by switching to a more powerful platform. We have also acquired more IP addresses. The issue of shortage of SIM cards has also been solved,” Shri. Rao added.
its base of late. See it’s details below:
BSNL also re-launched Special Relief Scheme ‘SAMADHAAN’ for settlement of Excess Usage Bill Complaints of Broadband Customers. SAMAADHAN scheme is available upto 31st October 2015 across all telecom circles in India. See it’s details below:
Next generation switches (NGN) are also being deployed in phased manner in Kerala Circle. This technology will provide fixed line and broadband from the same telephone exchange.