State run PSU and India’s Largest Telecom Company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has announced that, it has reach milestone of handling 200TB mobile data on a single day. As per the latest information, BSNL Mobile Network handled 200TB Data on 12th April, 2015.
BSNL witnessed a steady growth of 65% in data volumes on year to year on basis. South Zone registered more than 100% rise in data volumes on year to year basis, followed by North, West & East Zones. In BSNL, data constitutes about 9% of total mobile revenue compared to industry average of 14-15%.
BSNL’s CMD, Sri Anupam Shrivastava said – “During the last 2 years, a series of steps have been initiated in BSNL Mobile Network for facilitating and capturing the ever-increasing data volumes. Above all, each one of us has been sensitized towards the importance of providing an enabling environment for data growth.”
BSNL completed their GSM Mobile network expansion project – GSM Phase VII. They have already started the next phase of network expansion integrating, 4G, 3G & WiFi Hotspots.
BSNL already launched several attractive and exciting offers for it’s Mobile Customers. Some of them are listed below:
- BSNL to Offer 1 GB 3G/2G Data at just Rs 68 from 1st April 2015 onwards across all telecom circles in India
- BSNL to offer Unlimited Free Night Calls to Any Network from Landline phones from 1st May 2015 onwards
- BSNL Kerala Circle to Launch New Per Second Billing Voice STVs – Recharge 149 & Recharge 449 from 26.03.2015
- BSNL launched New Lifetime Prepaid GSM Mobile Plan with Automatic Validity Extension across all telecom circles
- BSNL Kerala Circle to convert Old Prepaid Mobile Plans to New Plans with 180 days validity from 01.04.2015 onwards
- BSNL Kerala Offers Full Talk Time, Free 32K/64K Prepaid SIM & Waiver of Activation Charges for Postpaid
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about the increase in data usage among Mobile Customers via comments with us.