PAN India 3G service provider Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has announced the introduction of Data Sharing facility for Prepaid Mobile customers on PAN India basis.
Now any prepaid subscriber of BSNL would be able to share the data usage with maximum four BSNL prepaid mobile customers selected by him. The sharing of data usage can be done through BSNL Web Selfcare Portal for prepaid mobile customers.
The Master Subscriber having base voice plan shall recharge with any of the community data pack through BSNL Web Selfcare Portal utilizing the prepaid main account balance. The community data pack referred above shall contain data STVs with selling price equal to or more than Rs. 150. However, the above facility will not be available on unlimited data STVs.
BSNL Web Selfcare Portal is www.bsnlszprepaid.com for south zone, other zones may convey the URL after implementation respectively. Data Sharing facility will be implemented with effect from 08-04-2016 in South Zone initially, subsequently after being technical feasible, the same will be implemented in other zones.
Features of BSNL Data Sharing/Community Charging under Prepaid Mobile Services:
- This Community Charging feature allows sharing of Data among a group of prepaid subscribers. A prepaid BSNL customer can subscribe a community Data pack (i.e., data STVs of Rs. 150 and above excluding unlimited STVs) and share it with other 4 prepaid customers. Therefore the community data pack allows sharing of data among 5 persons i.e., between a parent and 4 members.
- Subscribing of community data pack and adding of Child accounts – up to 4 numbers can be done only by Master/Parent Subscriber through the BSNL Web portal: www.bsnlszprepaid.com for south zone, other zones may convey the URL after implementation respectively).
- Master Subscriber called 'Parent' can subscribe to any of the Community data packs - Group account through the BSNL Web portal utilizing the balance in his prepaid main account. He cannot subscribe this data plan through other channels like SMS, USSD, IVR etc.
- The master subscriber called 'Parent' must ensure availability of sufficient balance during the creation of group itself. During this process,minimum one member must be entered and a data pack must be selected. Group will be created only after deducting the corresponding amount from main account. Subsequent recharge of the data pack may be done by subscriber depending on the usage through recharge option (under Group account).
- This Portal enables the Parent to add and delete the Child accounts.
- Both the parent subscriber and the Child subscriber can recharge his account with other Top-Ups/STVs.
- If a child is having any other data STVs subscribed to his/her own account, the Group account will come into effect only after his/her own data STVs get exhausted i.e., Group account will have lowest priority than other STVs. After exhausting the Group account, customer will start draining his main account.
- Child account will not have any access to view his shared data usage.
- The Parent subscriber alone can have the control over the Group account activities through the Portal.
- No specific charges will be levied either on the Parent Subscriber or from the Child Subscriber for addition/deletion of Child members into the group account.
Screen shots for South Zone:
(1) Creating a new group
(2) Subscribe to Group / Community Data STV
(3) Adding Group Members
(4) Creation of Group Completed
(5) View Details of existing Group
(6) Details of Group and Members Displayed
Data sharing facility is really a good initiative by BSNL since it allows customers to share their unused data to their friends or family members. The scheme was already launched by private operators like Airtel, Idea etc.
Read More: BSNL to offer 60% discount on 3G data usage charges for all Postpaid Mobile customers from 1st April 2016 on wards
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about this latest innovative offer of Data Sharing Facility by BSNL via coments with us.