Department of Telecommunication (DoT) ordered all telecom service providers to follow a new verification process for the enrollment of new customers. As per the latest information, operators need to digitally embed customer details like - Photograph, Proof of Address (PoA) and Proof of Identity (PoI) at the Point of Sale (PoS) itself.
Operators should provide digital customer application form (CAF) where the entries of various fields need to be filled electronically instead of manual writing. The scanned images of Proof of Address (PoA) and Proof of Identity (PoI) shall be embedded in the CAF instead of manual writing.
DoT issued the order letter - titled 'Customer application form embedded with photograph and scanned images of Proof of identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA)' to all service providers. The new instructions covers service providers having service authorization licenses, including CMTS, UAS, and UL (AS).
Some of the major instructions from DoT regarding the introduction of Digital Customer Application Form (CAF) are:
- The entry of various fields in customer applications form (CAF) should now be made electronically instead of manual writing.
- The photograph of the customer should be taken at Point of Sale (PoS) itself and the same should be populated in the CAF instead of pasting the photo in the existing process.
- The scanned imaged of the Proof of identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA) documents furnished by the customers should be embedded in the CAF instead of making manual entries.
- The printout of filled CAF shall be taken at Point of Sale (PoS) and thereafter the same procedure as is followed in the existing process shall be followed.
- The hard copies of PoI and PoA documents submitted by customer shall also be attached and maintained along with CAF as in the existing process.
To avoid any misuse of the scanned images of Photograph, Proof of Identity and Proof of Address of customers, it shall also be ensured that the scanned images should not be stored at PoS terminal.
Dear readers, please share your views and opinions about the introduction of Digital Customer Application Form via comments with us.